I’m a Postdoctoral Researcher at Freie Universität Berlin in the group of Jens Eisert.
I did my PhD in the Quantum Science and Technologies Group in the Hearne Institute for Theoretical Physics at Louisiana State University. Before that, I was a Master’s student at the Institute for Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo.
My research is in the general area of quantum information theory. For the past couple of years my focus has been on quantum networks as well as quantum computing; specifically, for the latter, applying machine learning methods to quantum algorithms for near-term applications. In the past, I worked on quantum cryptography, specifically quantum key distribution.
I am coauthor of the book “Principles of Quantum Communication Theory: A Modern Approach” with Mark Wilde. The latest version can be found here. Please feel free to send feedback!
I am also a mentor for the QIT study group, which is part of the broader QWorld initiative.
- Check out my research for details on what I’ve been working on, as well as my Google Scholar page and my papers on arXiv.
- My talks can be found here.
- My github page contains the package QuTIpy, which is a Python package for performing quantum information calculations, as well as code that I have written for my various research projects.
- I’ve also compiled a list of introductory resources on the topics pertaining to my research and to physics in general.
- See this How Stuff Works article, in which I talk about the future quantum internet. See also this article, written for a broad audience, for an introduction to the quantum internet. I also give a general talk about the quantum internet here (slides here).
You can contact me at sumeet.khatri [at] fu-berlin.de.
- Exponentially tighter bounds on limitations of quantum error mitigation [arXiv]
Yihui Quek, Daniel S. França, SK, Johannes J. Meyer, Jens Eisert
- Contributed talk at QIP 2023.
- A perturbative gadget for delaying the onset of barren plateaus in variational quantum algorithms [arXiv]
Simon Cichy, Paul K. Faehrmann, SK, Jens Eisert
- On the design and analysis of near-term quantum network protocols using Markov decision processes [AVS Quantum Science]
- Policies for elementary link generation in quantum networks [Quantum] [slides] [poster]
- Contributed talk at QuILT 2020 (video here).
- Contributed talk at TQC 2022 (video here).
- Bounding the forward classical capacity of bipartite quantum channels [arXiv]
Dawei Ding, SK, Yihui Quek, Peter W. Shor, Xin Wang, Mark M. Wilde
- Contributed talk at TQC 2021.
- Spooky action at a global distance: analysis of space-based entanglement distribution for the quantum internet [arXiv] [npj Quantum Information] [slides]
SK, Anthony J. Brady, Renée A. Desporte, Manon P. Bart, Jonathan P. Dowling
- Contributed talk at APS March Meeting 2021.
- Contributed talk at AQIS 2021.
- News article about the paper: Why the quantum internet should be built in space
- Second-order coding rates for key distillation in quantum key distribution [arXiv]
Mark M. Wilde, SK, Eneet Kaur, Saikat Guha
- Noise Resilience of Variational Quantum Compiling [arXiv] [New Journal of Physics] [slides]
Kunal Sharma, SK, Marco Cerezo, Patrick J. Coles
- Contributed talk at QuILT 2019.
- Practical figures of merit and thresholds for entanglement distribution in quantum networks [arXiv] [Physical Review Research] [slides]
SK, Corey Matyas, Aliza Siddiqui, Jonathan P. Dowling
- Contributed talks at quantum network workshops in Arizona and Vienna (video here).
- Contributed talk at SQuInT 2020 (video here).
- Extendibility of bosonic Gaussian states [arXiv] [Physical Review Letters] [slides]
Ludovico Lami, SK, Gerardo Adesso, Mark M. Wilde
- Contributed talk at QuILT 2019 and TQC 2020.
- Poster presentation at Algebraic and Statistical Ways Into Quantum Resource Theories, Banff.
- Information-theoretic aspects of the generalized amplitude damping channel [arXiv] [Physical Review A]
SK, Kunal Sharma, Mark M. Wilde
- Contributed talk at APS March Meeting 2019.
- Quantum-assisted quantum compiling [arXiv] [Quantum] [slides]
SK, Ryan LaRose, Alexander Poremba, Lukasz Cincio, Andrew T. Sornborger, Patrick J. Coles
- Poster presentations at QIP 2019, SQuInT 2019.
- Seminar at IQC.
- Robust quantum network architectures and topologies for entanglement distribution [arXiv] [Physical Review A]
Siddhartha Das, SK, Jonathan P. Dowling
- Contributed talk at SQuInT 2018.
- Poster presentation at WQRN 2017, Vienna.
- Fundamental limits on quantum dynamics based on entropy change [arXiv] [Journal of Mathematical Physics]
Siddhartha Das, SK, George Siopsis, Mark M. Wilde
- Contributed talk at CQIQC-VII, Toronto.
- Numerical evidence for bound secrecy from two-way post-processing in quantum key distribution [arXiv] [Physical Review A]
SK, Norbert Lütkenhaus
- Poster presentation at QCMC 2016, QCRYPT 2017.