I’m a Postdoctoral Researcher at Freie Universität Berlin in the group of Jens Eisert.
I did my PhD in the Quantum Science and Technologies Group in the Hearne Institute for Theoretical Physics at Louisiana State University. Before that, I was a Master’s student at the Institute for Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo.
I am coauthor of the textbook “Principles of Quantum Communication Theory: A Modern Approach”. The latest version can be found here. Please feel free to send feedback!
I am also a mentor for the QIT study group, which is part of the broader QWorld initiative.
- Check out my research for details on what I’ve been working on, as well as my Google Scholar page and my papers on arXiv.
- My talks can be found here.
- My github page contains the package QuTIpy, which is a Python package for performing quantum information calculations, as well as code that I have written for my various research projects.
- I’ve also compiled a list of introductory resources on the topics pertaining to my research and to physics in general.
- See this How Stuff Works article, in which I talk about the future quantum internet. See also this article, written for a broad audience, for an introduction to the quantum internet. I also give a general talk about the quantum internet here (slides here).
You can contact me at sumeet.khatri [at] fu-berlin.de.
- Exponentially tighter bounds on limitations of quantum error mitigation [arXiv]
Yihui Quek, Daniel S. França, SK, Johannes J. Meyer, Jens Eisert
- Contributed talk at QIP 2023.
- A perturbative gadget for delaying the onset of barren plateaus in variational quantum algorithms [arXiv]
Simon Cichy, Paul K. Faehrmann, SK, Jens Eisert
- On the design and analysis of near-term quantum network protocols using Markov decision processes [AVS Quantum Science]
- Policies for elementary link generation in quantum networks [Quantum] [slides] [poster]
- Contributed talk at QuILT 2020 (video here).
- Contributed talk at TQC 2022 (video here).
- Bounding the forward classical capacity of bipartite quantum channels [arXiv]
Dawei Ding, SK, Yihui Quek, Peter W. Shor, Xin Wang, Mark M. Wilde
- Contributed talk at TQC 2021.
- Spooky action at a global distance: analysis of space-based entanglement distribution for the quantum internet [arXiv] [npj Quantum Information] [slides]
SK, Anthony J. Brady, Renée A. Desporte, Manon P. Bart, Jonathan P. Dowling
- Contributed talk at APS March Meeting 2021.
- Contributed talk at AQIS 2021.
- News article about the paper: Why the quantum internet should be built in space
- Second-order coding rates for key distillation in quantum key distribution [arXiv]
Mark M. Wilde, SK, Eneet Kaur, Saikat Guha
- Noise Resilience of Variational Quantum Compiling [arXiv] [New Journal of Physics] [slides]
Kunal Sharma, SK, Marco Cerezo, Patrick J. Coles
- Contributed talk at QuILT 2019.
- Practical figures of merit and thresholds for entanglement distribution in quantum networks [arXiv] [Physical Review Research] [slides]
SK, Corey Matyas, Aliza Siddiqui, Jonathan P. Dowling
- Contributed talks at quantum network workshops in Arizona and Vienna (video here).
- Contributed talk at SQuInT 2020 (video here).
- Extendibility of bosonic Gaussian states [arXiv] [Physical Review Letters] [slides]
Ludovico Lami, SK, Gerardo Adesso, Mark M. Wilde
- Contributed talk at QuILT 2019 and TQC 2020.
- Poster presentation at Algebraic and Statistical Ways Into Quantum Resource Theories, Banff.
- Information-theoretic aspects of the generalized amplitude damping channel [arXiv] [Physical Review A]
SK, Kunal Sharma, Mark M. Wilde
- Contributed talk at APS March Meeting 2019.
- Quantum-assisted quantum compiling [arXiv] [Quantum] [slides]
SK, Ryan LaRose, Alexander Poremba, Lukasz Cincio, Andrew T. Sornborger, Patrick J. Coles
- Poster presentations at QIP 2019, SQuInT 2019.
- Seminar at IQC.
- Robust quantum network architectures and topologies for entanglement distribution [arXiv] [Physical Review A]
Siddhartha Das, SK, Jonathan P. Dowling
- Contributed talk at SQuInT 2018.
- Poster presentation at WQRN 2017, Vienna.
- Fundamental limits on quantum dynamics based on entropy change [arXiv] [Journal of Mathematical Physics]
Siddhartha Das, SK, George Siopsis, Mark M. Wilde
- Contributed talk at CQIQC-VII, Toronto.
- Numerical evidence for bound secrecy from two-way post-processing in quantum key distribution [arXiv] [Physical Review A]
SK, Norbert Lütkenhaus
- Poster presentation at QCMC 2016, QCRYPT 2017.